Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm not a person who makes New year resolutions because I never keep them. This year I challenged myself to do two things:
1. get out of my comfort zone and use digis for other projects
2. use up my scrap paper stash

Well number one was easy, I love the versitility of digi stamps, sizing, rotating, merging etc. when I saw Deedee's challenge for this week, use red and pink I knew I would get a scrapbook layout done. The colors were perfect for my sons winter formal layout.

I used Deedee's digi Heart Pair, sized it to 3.5 inches, colored with copics then applied Cotton Candy and Diamond Stickles. My letters are cut from my new Quickutz set, Winter Wishes, the pink DP is from DCWV, Sweets, rose is from Prima.

Number 2.... well I am proud to say I only used my stash for the matting, letters. The box still wont close but 2 scraps were used up! Its a start. The layout glimmers but my photography skills are not great.

2 challenges: Deedee's Monday Challenge: Pink/Red
Cupcake Craft: Something New (Badge to blog on right)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, what a fab layout. The colour scheme is stunning and I love your new letters. Great pic of your son too :) Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning layout, Linda! The effect of the colors against the black is very dramatic, and go so well with that beautiful picture of your son. How precious! Thank you so much for sharing this for our challenge at Crafting With Deedee's Digis this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete